To build off of my last post, I wanted to show a little glimpse into the preparation I went through in order to create my 30-45 minute webinar.
Late January: topic proposal for campus workshop
Early February: rough outline (topics covered, length, etc)
Late February: workshop proposal expands into university-wide webinar
Early March: outline & presentation rough draft
Mid-March (NOW! [crap]): Revise presentation slides & flesh out talking points, examples.
(nope. no specific dates here. mainly because everything’s been a blur)
- Find your objective:
- To provide the knowledge and resources necessary to aid in discerning between biased, fake, and true news sources.
- Gather resources:
- Create your outline:
- Fill your presentation (thanks Prezi!)
- Revise outline into talking points
- Revise presentation to more accurately reflect and show talking points
- Insert specific examples
- Verify facts & sources
- Make sure slides are devoid of spelling, grammar, and factual errors
- Check media & links
- Have I mentioned practice?
Phew. I’ve missed projects. I’ve missed researching, but PHEW. Anyone have chocolate & a a secluded napping spot?